All of our teachers are well-qualified graduates who bring a wealth of talent, experience and expertise to the school. Teachers are supported by enthusiastic and capable Teaching Assistants.
The majority of our teachers are from the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland or Australia. Although we are pleased to bring the cultural diversity of 13 different nationalities to our school.
Teachers at GIS:
- are a role model for all, evidenced through personal and professional conduct.
- have a desire to learn and develop new skills.
- want to make a difference to the lives of young people.
- work proactively towards the GIS Mission and Vision statements.
- have resilience, flexibility and a sense of humour.
- are passionate about learning and teaching.
- have a willingness to be involved in the wider life of the school community.
- have enthusiasm and a positive outlook.
- have the ability to work collaboratively.
- are committed to the personal welfare and safeguarding of children.
- will take pastoral responsibility towards the students in the school.
Appointed teachers from the United Kingdom provide an International Child Protection Certificate (UK). Teachers who have worked in other countries provide a full police clearance from the country, or countries, concerned.